Tuesday, September 6, 2011

G10 Goes to California

...Yosemite Park to be more precise. What a beautiful trip it was! I took my tripod along with the Digital SLR Magazine (from the UK) to read in the car ride. Well first off as a review for the magazine, I absolutely loved it and it stands by its word as a "no-nonsense, jargon-free route to better pictures". I needed to learn the basics about shutter speed and aperture and it opened my eyes to how it's practically used by placing a post-it note next to each image with the technical information next to it.
Once I was up at the scenic viewpoints I realized that I have no clue how to take scenic pictures in terms of what setting to put them on, so when we came down to the gift shop I noticed a book by James Martin titled "Digital Photography Outdoors" and I plan on reading that book from cover to cover. But in the mean time here are my pics from the great outdoors. 











No comments:

Post a Comment